How to Transfer NTC Balance from NTC to NTC?
Transferring balance from one NTC number to another is pretty straightforward. Here’s a simple step-by-step guide to make it easy for you:
Step 1: Know Your Security Code (Scode)
- If You Already Know Your Scode: Skip to Step 2.
- If You Don’t Know Your Scode: Don’t worry, it’s easy to get. Just send a text message with the word “SCODE” to 1415. You’ll receive an 8-digit security code in response.
Step 2: Time to Transfer
- Dial the Magic Code: Grab your phone and go to the dial pad. Then, dial 422SecurityCodeDestinationNumberAmount in Rs#. For example, if your security code is 12345678, you’re sending Rs. 100 to the number 9801234567, you’d dial 422123456789801234567100#.
- Breakdown of the Code:
- Security Code = Your Scode: This is the 8-digit code you got earlier.
- Destination Number = Your Friend’s Number: Remember, no need for the country code (+977), just the number.
- Amount in Rs: Choose any amount from Rs 10 to Rs 500.
Step 3: Confirmation and Possible Errors
- Wait for the Confirmation: After dialing, you’ll get a message back. If everything goes right, it’ll confirm the successful transfer.
- Error Messages: Sometimes, things might not work as expected, and you’ll get an error message. Don’t worry; it happens.
Using Nepal Telecom App (No need security code)
Transferring balance via the Nepal Telecom App is another great option, especially if you don’t want to remember any security codes. Here’s how you can do it:
- Your Phone Must Have an NTC Sim: This method works only with an NTC sim in your phone.
- Transfer Limit: You can transfer an amount between Rs. 10 and Rs. 500.
- Receiver’s Number: Make sure the receiver has a Prepaid or CDMA number.
Steps to Transfer Balance Using the App:
1. Download the Nepal Telecom App
- For Android users, you can download it here.
2. Open the Nepal Telecom App
- Once it’s installed, tap on the app to open it.
3. Enter Details for Transfer
- Recipient’s Number: Type in the NTC (Prepaid/CDMA) phone number of the person you’re sending money to.
- Amount: Enter the amount in Nepalese Rupees (Rs) you wish to send.
4. OTP Verification
- After entering the number and amount, you’ll receive an OTP (One Time Password) on your phone.
- This OTP is a 6-digit code sent to your phone for security.
5. Validate the OTP
- Enter the OTP you received and click on ‘VALIDATE OTP’.
6. Confirm the Transfer
- Click on ‘Ok’ to finalize the transfer.