Outlook for Mac
If you’re a Mac user, Microsoft has got your back! They understand that change can be tough. That’s why they’ve given you the power to choose between the classic Outlook you know and love and the shiny new version. The new Outlook for Mac isn’t just a fresh coat of paint; it’s packed with new features and a different look. But if you start exploring and feel like something’s missing, don’t worry. You have the option to switch back to the classic version anytime you want.
How to Switch to New Outlook for Mac?
How to switch back to legacy Classic View in Outlook for Mac?
Feeling nostalgic and want to go back to the classic Outlook on your Mac? It’s easier than you think! Sometimes, the new bells and whistles aren’t quite what you’re used to, and that’s okay. Let me walk you through the simple steps to get back to that familiar classic view.
Steps to Revert to Classic Outlook:
- Start at the Beginning: Click on ‘Outlook’ at the top left corner of your screen.
- Make the Switch: Look for the option ‘New Outlook’ and deselect it.
Once you do this, your current version of Outlook will close, and when it reopens, you’ll be greeted by the good old classic Outlook.
Another Way to Go Classic:
You can also switch back using the Help Menu. Just open Outlook, click on ‘Help’, and then choose ‘Revert to the Legacy version’ of Outlook. It’s that easy!
And here’s a cool thing: Before you switch back, you can leave feedback and even set up a reminder to alert you when new features are added to the app. This way, you can stay updated and decide if you want to give the new version another try later.
Outlook for Windows
Changing Reading Pane in Outlook for Windows
Want to make reading your emails in Outlook for Windows a bit more comfortable? You can change the reading pane to suit your preferences. It’s like adjusting your chair to the perfect angle for comfort. Here’s how to do it:
Steps to Adjust the Reading Pane:
- Start Outlook: Just open up your Outlook application.
- Find the View Tab: Head over to the ‘View’ tab at the top.
- Adjust the Reading Pane: In the ‘Layout’ group, click on ‘Reading Pane’. Here, you get to choose where you want the pane: to the Right, at the Bottom, or turn it Off. I personally like it on the Right, so let’s go with that.
- Customize the Folder Pane: Still under the ‘Layout’ group, click on ‘Folder Pane’. Here, you can pick whether you want it Minimized, Normal, or Off.
It’s all about making your email experience as smooth and comfortable as possible!
Changing Inbox View in Outlook for Windows
Changing Message Preview in Outlook
Do you want a sneak peek of your emails in Outlook before you open them? Changing the “Message Preview” settings can help you do just that! It’s like peeking into a book before you decide to read it. Here’s how you can adjust the message preview:
Steps to Change Message Preview:
- Start with Outlook: Open up your Outlook app.
- Head to View Tab: Navigate to the ‘View’ tab on the top.
- Find Message Preview: In the navigation ribbon, click on the drop-down arrow for “Message Preview”.
- Choose Your Preview Length: Now, you can decide how much of each email you want to see at a glance. Pick from one, two, or three lines of text.
This small change can make managing your inbox a lot easier, letting you quickly see what each message is about.